In the Spotlight
New Door Procedures at LNDL
Patrons must carry ID to enter LNDL building at all times. After 9:30 p.m. doors lock and entrance to building will be through swipe, tap, or buzzer only.
- Interior doors will lock
- Loyola patrons tap ID to gain entrance
- Notre Dame patrons swipe ID to gain entrance
- Community members and Loyola/Notre Dame patrons without an ID will ring the buzzer. After being buzzed in, these patrons must proceed to the security desk to be signed in.
It is important that after 9:30 p.m. each patron enter the door as described. Please do not open the door for others - all patrons must provide a photo ID.
Interlibrary Loan Login Update
The Loyola Notre Dame Library is pleased to announce that our Interlibrary Loan System, ILLiad, will be moving to Single Sign On this summer. Beginning July 31, 2019 you will be able to use your Loyola or Notre Dame credentials to log in just as you already do for other library resources! When you log in for the first time, you will need to re-register and will temporarily not have access to your current loans, requests, or history. As soon as ILL staff merge accounts, you will once again be able to access your history. This will take a few minutes during regular hours, or a few days if we are closed. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 410-617-6804 with any questions.
NDMU GatorPass starts July 11
What is it? GatorPass is a Password consolidation solution. It allows NDMU students to use one password for most of the NDMU apps.
What’s happening? Current passwords will no longer work after July 11. On that day, all students are required to reset their passwords to gain access to the following applications*, which include:
- Gatormail/Office 365
- On-line Library services @ LNDL
- On-campus Computers/GatorPrint
- Web Advisor
- 25 Live Events Scheduling System
*Joule or Moodle will not work with GatorPass at this time.
Why? Data security is more important than ever! NDMU is adding an extra layer of security for students with GatorPass.
What are the benefits of using GatorPass?
- Password changes no longer require NDMUT IT Help Desk involvement
- Students use the same password for multiple services
- Passwords will be more secure, requiring students to change their password every 90 days
How do I get started using GatorPass?
- Go to https://aka.ms/sspresetup to register authentication preferences or verify existing preference for Gatormail. Select at least one method: alternate email, mobile phone, or security questions.
- On July 11, go to https://gatormail.ndm.edu and reset password. See NDMU Password Policies below. After resetting password, use the same password for Gatormail, Office 365 applications, Web Advisor, LNDL, on-campus computers, GatorPrint and 25Live.
What password reset rules/restrictions must I follow to ensure my account is secure?
- Use "Strong" password - cannot match any 10 previously used passwords.
- Password cannot contain your account name or parts of your full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Password must be at least 8 characters long
- Password must contain characters from three of these four categories:
- Uppercase characters (A through Z)
- Lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numbers (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetical characters (! @ # $ % ^ & *)
- Your password expires every 90 days
For all questions, please contact the NDMU IT Help Desk at 410-532-5200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.