Library Use Policy
- The Loyola Notre Dame Library is reserved for the primary use of the students, faculty,
and staff of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University.
- Visitors from other colleges, as well as the general public are welcome, but must
present a picture ID.
- Library use is restricted to only Loyola and Notre Dame students during final exam
- With the exception of licensed service animals, pets/animals are not allowed in the
- All library users are subject to the terms of the LNDL Library Patron Agreement.
LNDL Library Patron Agreement
Library users will:
- Present valid identification upon entrance to the library.
- Respect the rights of others to quiet or uninterrupted use of the library.
- Refrain from damaging library resources.
- Respect loan periods for resources.
- Report destruction, theft, or misuse of resources to staff immediately.
- Abide by the LNDL Food and Beverage Policy
Prohibited in library:
- Illegal copying of resources
- Unauthorized removal of resources from the library
- Destruction of library resources or building
- Alcohol/controlled substances
- Weapons possession
- Animals, unless licensed service animal
LNDL Food and Beverage Policy
- Small snacks and covered beverages are permitted in the library (i.e., chips, cookies,
crackers, covered coffee, water bottles)
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Archives & Special Collections area located
on the third floor of the library.
- Food that may be messy (i.e. pizza, subs, or takeout) is not permitted in the library.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the library.
- Waste from food must be placed into proper trash and recycling cans.
- If an item is spilled, immediately alert a Library staff member at the Help Desk.
- Interpretation of this policy is at the discretion of the library staff.