When is the Library open?
- The Library reopened on Monday, August 31
- View current Fall 2020 building hours
What should I expect when I visit?
- Tap your Loyola ID or swipe your Notre Dame ID at the Loyola doors to enter
- Show your campus clearance
- Wear a mask at all times
- Maintain social distance and study individually
- Keep the furniture where you find it as it has been marked and spaced to encourage social distance
- Food is not permitted and water fountains are turned off
- Use provided disinfectant wipes on surfaces as needed and remember to wash your hands
- Exit via the Notre Dame doors or via the Loyola doors to use the accessible exit
Who can visit the Library?
Loyola and Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff only
Where can I return items?
Return LNDL, USMAI, or ILL books:
- At the book drop outside the Library
- At the book drop in Loyola’s Stamp-It
- At the Help Desk during building hours
- Returned materials will be quarantined for 3 days before library staff handle them and will remain in your library account during the time in quarantine
Can I reserve a space for studying?
- Space cannot be reserved this semester, and group study rooms are unavailable
- A variety of open seating and table options are available throughout the building for your use
Can I visit the Archives & Special Collections?
- The Archives and Special Collections Reading Room is available to students, faculty, and staff of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University by appointment only. Only one researcher will be scheduled in the reading room at a time.
- Archives staff are providing online services Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
How is the building being cleaned and maintained?
See Loyola’s Facilities Management and Maintenance information