Fall 2021 LNDL Services & Resources
Updated: September 9, 2021
The Loyola Notre Dame Library is open, and library staff are available in-person and virtually to assist you with your teaching, learning, and research.
Library Building Access & Use
When is the Library open?
What should I expect when I visit?
- Tap your Loyola ID or swipe your Notre Dame ID at the Loyola doors to enter
- Loyola faculty, staff and students must show your campus clearance
- Wear a mask at all times
- Food is not permitted
- Covered drinks are allowed and water filling stations are available
- Use provided disinfectant wipes on surfaces as needed and remember to wash your hands
Who can visit the Library?
- Current students, faculty, and staff of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University
Where can I return items?
Return LNDL, USMAI, or ILL books:
- At the book drop outside the Library
- At the book drop in Loyola’s Stamp-It
- At the Help Desk during building hours
Can I reserve a space for studying?
Can I visit the Archives & Special Collections?
- The Archives and Special Collections Reading Room is available to students, faculty, and staff of Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. Please make an appointment in advance of your visit by calling 410-617-6868 or emailing email@example.com.
Access to Print and Electronic Resources
What can I borrow?
- LNDL items and USMAI items:
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items:
- Faculty, staff, and students can request books via Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- All faculty, students, and staff can request PDFs of book chapters or articles not owned by LNDL via Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- View the status and due date of your ILL books in your Library Account
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 410-617-6804 with any questions or to renew your ILL books.
How do I access a book if I’m remote?
How do I renew?
Will I be fined for overdue books?
- LNDL and USMAI books do not accrue fines. You will incur fines for lost items.
- Fines for Interlibrary Loan items are based on policies of the lending library. Email email@example.com for more information.
How do I put something on reserve for my class?
Where can I find resources for my classes?
Can I print or scan in the library?
Are there public computers at the Library?
- Public computers are available on the first, third, and lower levels
How can I use the Innovation Station?
What technology is available to help me teach my classes?
What technology can I check out?
Research Help & Instruction
How can I get research help?
Can a librarian visit my class?
- All research, technology, and copyright sessions are available in-person or online
View Loyola’s Reopening Plans FAQ
View Notre Dame’s Reopening Plans FAQ
Information on this page is subject to change.